Monday, May 2, 2011

Of truth and lies and The Great Demise

Society. Co-existence. Community.

I'm not writing to trigger a massive 'change' that will set the world right back on its feet. Nor am I writing to vent off my frustrated teen peevishness on the evergreen woes of modern life, such as the words above may imply. No, I'm not quite sure why I wrote those particular words to be honest, but as I aimlessly wander into my first 'blog', I'm bereft of any rationality whatsoever.As some might say, perfect.

Trial period has expired for things other than just my 'Express-rip version1' tonight. A new beginning.
Maybe not for you. Or maybe you just haven't thought closely yet.

The week has been eventful, colorful. I have experienced hues ranging from a delicately soft purple to a strong violent red. As greeted worldwide with much anticipation and oohs and aahs, the wedding of Catherine and William was certainly the pastel tone of purple you caught me referring to. The elegance, the subtle romance, peppered with displays of grandeur and valour- an effort to create that fairytale fantasy associated with the royalty.
But trial period, has expired. The moment's over, here is your platter of responsibilities.

The Anna Hazare movement back in India, which garnered the massive support of the people, with several thousands willing to fast in a pledge to dissolve the sticky web of corruption, shook the government and saw the formation of the Lokpal Bill Committee. In the heat of the moment, one look upon the resolute face of the 73 year old social activist caused a stir within every individual, duty for the country made its presence felt, if only for that moment.
About a month later, we have the All India Engineering Entrance Exam paper being leaked out and sold. One could blame the exploding population making it harder and harder to clinch a seat, giving way to unfair means. Or one could say that the current value system is a fail. Either way, fellow citizens, trial period is over. Choose your path.

The people around me tell me my time to 'face the real world' has arrived.
Its time to get out of school and into college, grow up, fix a future, take on challenges, handle independence, stretch your boundaries, be on your tippytoes. Is it because my trial period just ended? or because there will be a massive change in my environment requiring me to adapt and gel in into yet another rut. Some lives seem to be like series of ruts, but none really are. Its because of the ever-changing nature of our surroundings that we create patterns, to bring in constancy. What we don't realize is, whenever change occurs, yeah, your trial period ran out. Be ready for something bigger.

And of course, I end with referring to another worldwide conjuncture. The death that brought smiles to many faces. The Alma mater of the 9/11 attacks, killed in Pakistan by a troop of valiant American soldiers after an intense 40 minute encounter. Yes, some people are still frowning at the second line of this paragraph. No, I am not trying to preach about life, death, happiness or ethics. Nor in any way trying to show those, for whom, this is justice meted out for the sufferings and losses they faced in the various attacks this man conducted, in a bad light. 


No, I am only placing an un-opinionated observation in front of the readers. Read and infer.


Because, much like the wedding excitement of William and Catherine, the blood-boiling rush of anti-corruption, the carefree life of a languid teenager and the fear of Osama that had gripped the world for a decade, Your trial period has terminated.






No comments: